|Assistant Designer at Claire's and Icing, a leading specialty retailer of value priced jewelry, accessories and cosmetics for girls and young women|
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Partner with Designer to execute seasonal design concepts from conception to first prototype.
- Assist in all aspects of daily follow-up with external and internal business partners as needed.
- Participate in research and development of seasonal trends.
- Prepare information to vendors for development.
- Meet all calendar deadlines.
- Organize presentation boards and assist in the preparation of meetings.
- Prepare spec packages and line sheets as necessary.
- Sketch designs in Illustrator and Photoshop.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Bachelor's degree with 2-4 years of experience in jewelry or accessory design required.
- Must have experience working directly with model makers and Asian factories.
- Must be a collaborative, team player with great initiative.
- Must be organized with the ability to handle multiple priorities at once.
- Must have strong communication skills.
- Demonstrate proficiency in Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop.
- Hand sketching ability, including flat sketching.
- Strong color sense.
- Fashion/luxury brand experience, a plus.