THE ORIGINAL ART
CELEBRATING THE FINE ART OF CHILDREN'S BOOK ILLUSTRATION
Now accepting submissions!
To Enter: http://library.constantcontact.com/download/get/file/1011223643037-372/2011callforentries.pdf
DEADLINE FOR ENTRIES Friday, July 22, 2011
The Society of Illustrators invites artists, publishers, and agents in the children's book field to submit to the 31st annual exhibition of The Original Art. Founded by Dilys Evans in 1980, the show celebrates the fine art of children's book illustration. It has been sponsored by the Society of Illustrators for the past twenty-one years. The selection process will be by a jury of outstanding illustrators, art directors, editors, and experts in the field of children's publishing. They will choose the books that will be represented in the show and select gold and silver medal recipients. Jurying is anonymous, and an artist may have no more than two books accepted for the show.
ANYONE MAY SUBMIT
Publishers, Illustrators, Agents, and Authors
Publishers, please pass along an entry form or information to eligible artists if you are not able to submit their work.
· All entries must be published in the U.S. Books printed overseas are eligible.
· Books © 2010 and 2011 and F&Gs © 2011 will be accepted.
· Picture books and other illustrated books whose prime market is children twelve years and younger will be considered. Chapter/young adult book must have at least eight full-page images. No jackets. No textbooks.
· Only illustrated books (traditional or digital media) are eligible. No photographic books.
HOW TO ENTER
· Submit printed books or F&Gs. Entry material will not be returned. Entries will be donated to appropriate charities.
· Fill in all the information on the entry form and tape it to the back of the book. Artist's address, not c/o publisher or representative, is required.
$30 per title / $20 for SI members submitting their own work
Fee must accompany entries. Please make checks payable to: Society of Illustrators. If paying by credit card
(Visa/MC/Amex), please attach information (type of card, name on card, number, exp. date) on a separate sheet of paper with entry form.
· Gold and silver medals chosen by the jury.
· Lifetime Achievement Awards nominated by a blue-ribbon panel.
· Founder's Award presented for best new talent of the year.
Chair: Diane Dillon. Jury: Bob Barner, Diane Goode, Joann Hill
AWARDS PRESENTATION Thursday, October 27, 2011 6:00 - 9:00PM
Each artist, art director, and editor represented will receive two complimentary tickets. Additional tickets may be purchased for $30 per person. SI Members $25 per person.
SUBMIT ENTRIES TO Society of Illustrators
Attn: The Original Art 128 East 63rd Street New York, NY 10065
EXHIBITION DATES October 26 - December 29, 2011