Opportunity – Product Development Manager I - Holiday
We are currently seeking a highly motivated Product Development Manager to join our Holiday team! This individual will be responsible for assisting the Holiday Product Development team in the research and development of new product concepts, as well as development and management of backends or existing programs. The Product Development Manager will creatively brainstorm and concept new ideas that fit within established Bradford product criteria and formats, and will effectively solve issues and problems related to design, production scheduling and costs. This individual will also manage administrative functions of the department, including tracking, scheduling and updating reports and product programs.
· Update product development database (File Maker Pro) to include critical products reports, rolling forecasts, fact sheets, design worksheets and contract requests, with a high degree of accuracy and timeliness as it relates to status on products and product research.
· Communicate and effectively collaborate with various departments such as Advertising, Design, Production, and Marketing who are integral to the product development process. Identify delays and inconsistencies and notify appropriate Senior Product Development Manager for resolution.
· Coordinate backstamp process – supply Design department with worksheets and Marketing with approved fact sheets. Proof, route and finalize approval on backstamps, hang tags and certificates and advise Production and Design teams.
· Prepare presentation boards, sample set-ups and kick-off packets for meetings and presentations, such as Quarterly Reviews, European, and Sales meetings.
· Research past Bradford product to analyze degree of success in market research and product research. Track conversion rates, historical data, source color proofs, transparencies and brochures for art reuse evaluation.
· Maintain and manage backend products (initially with guidance from Senior Product Development Manager) with emphasis on the design quality and series cohesion with a backend cadence of 30 days or less. Coordinate and manage through design, sculpt, decal proofing and manufacturing processes to include preparation of design worksheet, fact sheet, approvals, product reporting, backstamps and hang tags. Responsible for program scheduling and target dates.
· Print and critique JPEG photos of products in development, pre-production samples and production samples, including backstamps and certificates.
· Participate in concepting and brainstorming with Product Development team, and develop and present concepts and ideas for new products to managers. Develop new product concept for tests at weekly VIP meetings (under supervision of Senior Product Development Manager, if applicable) - this includes the concept, research, mockup/sketches, worksheet/statements and data on trends, competitive and related industries, prior test/rollout results, preliminary costs/margin estimates and other required materials.
· Ensure quote packages are sent out to appropriate vendors using corporate COG’s (cost of goods) guidelines. Work with vendors and Senior Product Development Manager to negotiate and finalize COG’s.
· Work with outside resources such as designers, sculptors, model shops and licensors on new concepts and information and material required to complete product development process.
· Communicate and direct outside sketch artists, illustrators, sculptors, painters, mold makers and manufacturers.
· Expand design pool (designers, sketch artists, sculptors, painters, etc) by proactively seeking out new talent to assist in delivering quality and reliable resources for the product development team.
· Responsible for black & white color copying; digital photography samples and products; review and approve invoices and send to Accounting for processing.
· Prepare packages for shipment via DHL, Fed Ex and messenger; faxing (domestic and international), scanning, and other miscellaneous duties as assigned.
· MA, MFA, BA or BFA degree in Art, Art History, Fine/Studio Arts, Illustration, Product Design, Sculpture, Graphic Design or an art-related field
· 0-3years work experience
· Excellent organizational, project management, and communication skills – both verbal and written
· Must be organized and must be very detail-oriented
· Knowledge of MAC/PC including Excel, Word, PhotoShop
· Ability to work and troubleshoot in an extremely fast-paced environment
· Strong internship experience or a minimum of two years work experience is preferred
· Experience in a clerical and/or art and craft environment is a major plus
· Artistic/creative skills
· Familiarity with Adobe suite and databases is helpful
Benefits: Business Casual Work Environment, Health Insurance, Life Insurance, Dental Insurance, Disability Insurance, Paid Vacation, Paid Sick Leave, Direct Deposit, Credit Union, Flexible Spending Accounts, Employee Assistance Program, Employee Referral Bonus Program, 401(k), Profit Sharing, Tuition Reimbursement, Onsite Cafeteria, Onsite Fitness Center, Product Discounts and more!
The Bradford Group is a world leader in direct marketing and provider of limited-edition gifts, collectibles, home décor, and jewelry. Founded in 1973, we have an unyielding commitment to product quality and exceptional customer service which has helped us become one of the premier direct marketing companies in today’s international economy. Our company’s vision is to seek to identify and understand our customer's fundamental aesthetic, emotional and psychological needs that can be fulfilled with art-based or theme-inspired offerings. We are located in Niles, IL.
If this position sounds interesting, please apply online and complete a 2-minute job application profile. APPLY ONLINE
No phone calls or agencies please
The Bradford Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer
The Bradford Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer
The Bradford Group/Hammacher Schlemmer