Who We Are: Like many small businesses, Sassafras started out of the home. Back in 1977, the company was started with the introduction of a Chicago-Style Deep Dish Pizza Kit. We expanded into kids baking with the introduction of a Kids Pizza Making Kit. Now, we have a broad assortment of kids baking products as well as kids gardening items, bags, wood toys and musical instruments. Sassafras sells worldwide to better gift and department stores as well as large chains and internet retailers.
We are looking for someone who can:
• Create and oversee projects and client communication, functioning independently and maintaining communication with inventory warehouse, sales team & overseas factories
• Work to maintain and develop the Sassafras brand, on and offline
• Design and oversee product launches, collateral creation, exhibits
• Produce a catalog and marketing documents annually
• Oversee e-commerce website
• Photograph and maintain image database
• Clearly communicate project issues and resolution to the factories and Vice President
We need someone who possesses the following:
• Associate's degree in graphic design or relevant design experience
• Prior experience (2-5 years) as an in-house or agency designer
• Should have knowledge and/or experience in some print/collateral design and execution as well as product and packaging design
• Ability to multi-task
• Experience managing clients (external or internal) on project scope and delivery
• Excellent communication skills
• Strong problem solving skills; responsive and flexible to evolving responsibilities and changing environment
• Mac platform. Must be proficient in Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, and InDesign as well as Microsoft Excel & Word.
Please attach resume and provide a link to your online portfolio. Portfolio attachments will not be viewed. Email email@example.com.
See what we do and who we are at www.SassafrasStore.com
Located near the Ashland Green line stop and accessible by bus. Near intersection of Ashland and Grand in the River West area.
Casual loft office.