Essential Job Functions:
- Create high-caliber art, maintaining excellent art quality in regard to character design, color theory, layout, text treatment, and animation ability.
- Continually sharpen artistic abilities through company training, independent learning, and learning from other team members.
- Continually sharpen software expertise through company training, independent learning, and learning from other team members.
- Work closely with Senior Artists and the Lead Artist, producing high-quality art in an iterative process.
- Display a high degree of professionalism at all times, accepting critique from team members.
- Show efficiency in self-managing time with a reasonable degree of accountability and minimal instruction
- Demonstrate excellent file structure and organization
- Create art assets and document all art assets created with minimal mistakes.
- Bachelor of Arts in art/animation
- 1 year previous experience as an Associate Artist or 1 year experience as a Staff Artist in a production environment
- Excellent drawing and rendering abilities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in Photoshop, Flash, After Effects
- Working knowledge of MS Office
- Working knowledge of Illustrator, Studio Max or other 3D platform
- Ability to create art and animation for all game aspects (screen layout, symbol sets, etc) with minimal guidance.
- Understand how to design art for various themes and platforms
- Display a proficiency in Photoshop and a working knowledge of After Effects and Flash.
- All applicants MUST provide the following in the event of an interview:
- Portfolio (website or blog required for pre-interview)
- Samples of sketch work (sketchbook or loose-leaf)
- Layered working Photoshop, Flash, After Effects, and Studio Max files as appropriate to the position
- Animation samples if animation is core ability (AVI, Quicktime, or website)
- Please provide all links or DVD upon application